Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: URGENT: PRAYER

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    URGENT: PRAYER

    Folks I don't ask for much, but I ask that as many of you as possible please send up a prayer for Sherry Sanders. I do not know how many of you remember, but back last fall we had a sticky up with an article about her, and her battle with Cystic Fibrosis. I just got a call, and lungs have just been sent to Chapel Hill that they are checking for infections to make sure they can make the transplant for her.

    Her father is the pastor of our church, and my uncle, and aunt visited them in Chapel Hill this past weekend. Sherry is to the point that it is extremely difficult for her to breathe without a PAP machine. Without these lungs, I don't believe she will be with us very much longer. Please pray that this set will be okay, and that everything will go smoothly during the transplant this evening.

    It has been difficult to pray for her to receive new lungs, because we know that someone else had to lose their life, for her to have a better one. Now, that it has happened, I know Sherry will continue living a life for the Lord if his will is for her to make it through this.

    Thanks beforehand folks.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: URGENT: PRAYER

    Best of luck to her.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LPDBlueDevils's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 26th, 2005
    Posts
    629
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: URGENT: PRAYER

    I will keep her and her family in my prayers, keep us informed man.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: URGENT: PRAYER

    I know Sherry and they will be in our thoughts and prayers.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: URGENT: PRAYER

    prayerlist9mu
    Officially retired

  6. #6
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: URGENT: PRAYER

    Will do. Does it seem that there are so many folks sick these days? It just feels that way to me.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  7. #7
    Inactive Member RaiderTennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2006
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: URGENT: PRAYER

    I just sent one up. I wish her the best of luck with everything.
    Buton Tennis...2006, LPD Reg. season Champs, LPD Tourny champs, and the Region D Champs!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: URGENT: PRAYER

    She has mine.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: URGENT: PRAYER

    Just for an update folks, I just received a call on Sherry. Everything looks ok with the lungs they will be using in the transplant. The only thing that they are worried about with them is the electrolyte levels are a little low. Apparently they are going to "infuse" them or something to try and boost those levels.

    As of this time Sherry is very weak from them trying to prep her, and flush her system to prepare her for the surgery. They plan to begin the operation around 1:30 AM. This should be a 10-12 hour procedure. When I find out any other details, I will pass them on. Thanks so far for those who have spoke with HIM about this.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Big_AL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    767
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: URGENT: PRAYER

    you know you got mine stripes.
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •